A Simple Gesture is a door to door food collection program that provides non-perishable food to the Dulles South Food Pantry. We provide a cool green bag to those who would like to participate, they fill it up every other month and our volunteers pick it up from their house and deliver it to the food pantry.
How Does It Work?
- Sign up here!
- We will bring a cool, green bag to your house.
- The tag on the bag tells you the six dates during the year the food is picked up and also has suggestions for items that are needed the most.
- Whenever you go shopping, buy one or two extra non-perishable food items. Store them in the cool, green bag.
- A week before pick-up we will send you a reminder to place the bag outside your door on the appointed date.
- On pick-up day, place your bag outside your front door by 8am.
- Volunteer drivers will pick up the bag in the morning and leave another cool, green bag in its place.
- Drivers deliver the bags to the Dulles South Food Pantry that very day. Pantry volunteers empty the bags, sort the food and load up the shelves, ready to help our neighbors in need.
2019 Collection Dates
- April 6, 2019
- June 1, 2019
- August 3, 2019
- October 5, 2019
- December 7, 2019
2020 Collection Dates
- February 1, 2020
- April 18, 2020
- June 6, 2020
- August 1, 2020
- October 3, 2020
- December 5, 2020
Thank you for your support!