The Dulles South Food Pantry relies on volunteers to operate. In order to volunteer, you must first attend a 60-minute orientation and training session where you will learn about the pantry and our operations. You may sign up for a session at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c044ca8a72fabf85-december
Most volunteer shifts at the pantry itself take place Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Volunteer slots for receiving food donations and stocking the pantry’s shelves are very popular and fill quickly. There are many other ways to help as volunteers do almost every job needed to keep the pantry operating. Some of these opportunities do not require training or heavy lifting and can be done on your own schedule.
- Receive food donations and stock the shelves
- Pick up donated food from grocery stores, farms, or drop-off boxes
- Organize food drives
- Pack bags of food for Pantry guests or pack weekend food bags for needy students participating in the Pantry’s “Backpack Buddies” program
- Distribute food when the pantry is open (must be at least age 18 and out of high school)
- Transport bags of food from the Pantry’s “Backpack Buddies” program to students at local schools
- Bring rescued food to the pantry from school cafeterias
- Apply for grants
- Organize the DSFP’s charity golf tournament
- Organize other fundraisers
- Seek business sponsors
- Find new sources of food donations
- Volunteer at community events supporting the pantry
- Manage the pantry’s information systems
- Manage the pantry’s public relations and marketing efforts
- Audit the pantry’s books
- Grow food in your home garden
- Find your own ways to contribute
We sincerely appreciate your help!
NOTE: Volunteers at the pantry must be age 10 or older. Children and youth aged 10 to 13 must be accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult while at training and while volunteering at the pantry. We welcome children age 9 or younger to support the food pantry by collecting food or organizing a food drive.
Training and orientation will be held at the Arcola Chapel (first building on the right as you enter the Arcola Church property) 24757 Evergreen Mills Road Dulles, VA 20166.
Thank you for supporting Dulles South Food Pantry! For questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 703-507-2795.